Literacy Matters More Than Ever!
5 good reasons why you should consider free tutoring during this pandemic?
- You don’t have to leave home!
- No looking for parking or riding the bus
- You add structure to your day when you have a weekly/twice weekly meeting
- You don’t need daycare
- You can get help or support from your family or roommate
We want to help you to reach your goals. Use this time to build your skills for a job or going back to school.
Literacy Now Cowichan wants you to be successful and since the pandemic we have introduced many new ways to deliver tutoring so both of us can be safe. It turns out, offering distance tutoring has been great for our learners. Here’s why:
- You never miss a lesson because we reach you wherever you are. Even if you just got out of bed, it is not a problem! Many of our learners don’t use a camera when they communicate with us so you can learn in your pjs!
- Meeting your tutor for a lesson helps you structure your day and fuels your energy. Lack of structure can make us feel unmotivated and distracted. And you can take more than one lesson every week!
- You don’t need to find a daycare for your child. Even if lesson time is not your children’s nap time, it can be the time for them to watch a video!
- You may be able to get some support from your family or roommate or anybody who is living with you! Learning is so much easier when you have a team behind you.
What do you need to start learning?
All you need to start lessons is have a phone. Call 250-597-1776 to ask for an intake. Once we know a bit about you and what you want to learn we will pair you with a tutor. After that you can receive tutoring over the phone and email, Messenger, Zoom, Skype or any other digital way to communicate.
Now is the best time ever to take control of your future.