Each person will work with a carefully matched, trained tutor in order to improve their skills in English, Numeracy, Digital Literacy, and Financial Literacy.
Whether your goal is simply to be more comfortable in your life or to enrol in a trade program, get a diploma, or look for a job, our door is always open!
- Learn reading, writing, spelling or English as a second language (ESL) for your day to day life or to prepare for CELPIP or IELTS tests for Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Math for day to day living
- Basic school math
- Preparation for a math assessment
- Learn basic budgeting and tips on saving and spending
- Learn the basics of how to use a computer, laptop, tablet, or cell phone
- Get help preparing for your BC Adult Graduation Diploma
- Get support in preparing for a trade program entry test at VIU or another institution
- Skills for Success – get help with skills needed to adapt and thrive at work – reading, writing, numeracy, problem solving, collaboration, and digital skills
- Get support with online courses such as First Aid, Foodsafe, WHIMS, Serve it Right, etc
- Upgrade your computer skills to search online for a job or write a resume